11 May 2006

the story unfolds...

last night i saw meredith. she recounted the whole hospital adventure for me from her point of view. i must say--i'm more disturbed now than i was before.

apparently she saw the second spinal tap procedure looking through the window of my trauma room. when i got sedated after the first time, the nurse told her i'd be asleep for a while and said she could come back in an hour. but when she came back, they wouldn't let her in. she watched from outside the room until someone asked her to leave. one nurse gave her a phone number she could call to find out if i was still there or when they would let me go home, but when she called they wouldn't answer any of her questions.

i'm not going to go on, because it's truly too disturbing. i'm actually glad i wasn't in her place throughout the whole adventure. at least i was knocked out for a significant part of it.

1 comment:

caz said...

I know the feeling, I was in a huge car accident a few years back that was rather traumatic for my friends and family, but didnt affect me as much coz I was unconscious for the most part (well apparantly, technically, I only would've been unconscious at the end but my brain as a protective measure wont let me remember it)...