28 June 2007

a praia bahiana

estou no brasil, na bahia, em salvador, na praia. here is the view i've had from my hotel window for the past few days.


from here on out my blog will serve as a mini-portuguese lesson as well.

PORTUGUESE LESSON #1: THE ESSENTIALS

Olá. Tudo bem? (Oh-lah. too-doo bay) 1. Hey, what's up 2. Hi, everything ok? 3. Yo, how's it going?

Onde é a praia?
(On-djee eh ah pry-ah) Where is the beach?

today i will move in with my host family. i got to meet my host mother last night. her name is conceição. she has been hosting students with this program for six years! so even though i'm just one on a list, she took my right in as a member of the family. i love the brazilians. also, she lives right across the street from the hotel, so i'll still be right on the sea! yes, life is good. tá boa.

No comments: